Announcement: I'm joining Canonical (and Cart needs a home)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Dec 20 07:09:36 GMT 2007

> Well, there are those of us outside Canonical that like the concept
> and would like it to continue to exist standalone, since Launchpad
> isn't free to the rest of us.

Right.  Personally, I would like to see a single codebase that could
both integrate well with Launchpad and also be used standalone, as (is
starting to happen) with loggerhead.  One of the cool things about BB
is that it uses low-tech but effective links to hook into email and
Launchpad bugs.  However, I don't know how much this will be
technically possible, and as Aaron said he's not reporting to me, so
that's just my personal opinion.

--
Martin