[ANN] bzr-gtk 0.93.0

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:03:56 GMT 2007

Hi,

we've just released another release of bzr-gtk, 0.93.0. This release
features a menubar added to 'bzr viz', fixes some bugs, and is intended
to be compatible with Bazaar 1.0.

The changes since 0.92.1 are:

 UI

  * Added a menu bar to the viz. (Daniel Schierbeck)
     - Select a revision by tag.
     - Show/hide tree view columns.

 BUG FIXES

  * Make toolbars in Olive follow GNOME standards. (#137074)

 INTERNALS

  * Allow test suite to run without PyGTK. (Aaron Bentley)

This release can be downloaded from:

 * https://launchpad.net/bzr-gtk/0.93/0.93.0/+download/bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz
(mirror: http://phanatic.hu/bzr-gtk/bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz)

The tarball (the .tar.gz) has been signed with my GPG key (F1D076A3).
The signature can be downloaded from
http://phanatic.hu/bzr-gtk/bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz.asc. To verify the
tarball, run:

$ gpg --verify bzr-gtk-0.93.0.tar.gz.asc

Bugs and requests for new features can be reported on launchpad,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-gtk.

Q: Why 0.93 instead of 1.0?

A: The reason is really simple. Bazaar and bzr-gtk are two different
products. We've been trying too keep up with the Bazaar releases due to
possible API incompatibilities. With Bazaar 1.0 this issue should go
away, so we (the bzr-gtk crew) decided to follow our own way from now
on, and we think that our software is not yet ready to be released as
1.0. Our release notes always contained information about the compatible
Bazaar versions, and we'll continue to do so.

We would like to congratulate the Bazaar folks for achieving this great
milestone!

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Szilveszter / phanatic