[MERGE] Catch redirects when making directory for a new branch.

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 5 01:54:08 GMT 2007

Jonathan Lange wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is the last of the patches that I would like to land for lp:///
> support for the time being.
>
> This patch wraps the call of to_transport.mkdir() in cmd_push in a
> redirect handler. The tests are both blackbox. The motivation is that
> it would be nice for users to push to branches on Launchpad that don't
> exist yet using the lp:/// notation. Currently, the lp:/// transport
> raises a redirect error on mkdir(). As far as I'm aware, no other
> transports do this, so there shouldn't be too much risk associated
> with this change.

bb:approve

Looks ok to me. It might need tweaking though as it seems to have broken
the test suite. I get 4 failures like this:

  File
"/home/ian/bzr/repo.packs/bzr.tmp2/bzrlib/tests/blackbox/test_selftest.py",
line 534, in test_list_only_random
    out_all,err_all = self.run_bzr('selftest --list-only selftest')
AssertionError: transport module bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_push doesn't
provide get_test_permutations()

Can you run the full test suite and check? Just running test_selftest
seems ok for some reason I'm yet to work out.

Ian C.