[RFC] question about bug status: Triaged

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Nov 27 12:49:10 GMT 2007

Martin Pool wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 7:59 PM, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is maybe silly question because of my poor english skill,
>> but I'd like to understand difference between bug statuses.
>> Or may be I need to understand current bzr policy about
>> Launchpad bug statuses.
>>
>> Currently Launchpad provide such statuses:
>>
>> New
	Just submitted by a random person

>> Incomplete
	Somebody looked at the bug, but can't reproduce it, not enough
 	information.

>> Invalid
	Not a bug in X, a feature not a bug, etc. Was not the bug they thought.

>> Won't Fix
	It is a bug, but isn't something we are fixing at this time.
	Alternatively, it could be a bug in some other package that we choose
	not to workaround.

>> Confirmed
	Someone else has been able to reproduce the bug. But not necessarily
	someone who can evaluate the priority. (Someone not on the project can
	set it to Confirmed when they can reproduce it, but they don't have the
	access rights to set the priority.)

>> Triaged
	Someone with access rights has seen the bug, and evaluated its
	priority.

>> In Progress
	Someone is working on it.

>> Fix Committed
	We use this for "there is a bugfix in a branch that you can merge".

>> Fix Released
	We use this for "the bugfix branch has been merged into bzr.dev".

>> Almost all categories above is easy to understand, I have only troubles
>> with Triaged and difference between Confirmed and Triaged.
>> What Triaged means for bzr project?
>> I'm looking to http://bazaar-vcs.org/BugGuidelines
>> as HACKING suggested but there is nothing about Triaged.
>
> To put it briefly, I think the existence of Triaged is a bit of a bug,
> and I suggest we don't use it.  There was a thread about it on
> launchpad-users recently I think.

I can agree that is seems like a small difference between Triaged and
Confirmed. But there is a difference.