Reasons for selecting Bazaar over other tools

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:30:50 GMT 2007

On 20/11/2007, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
> I'm no expert in the other tools, or Bazaar for that matter, but I hope
> these documents accurately reflect the feedback we receive from our user
> community on why Bazaar rocks vs the competition. If you have further
> insight into these things, please don't hesitate to tune/adjust/correct
> the documents.

The notes about Launchpad/PQM/BB integration seem to me to stress this
in a way which is at odds with what I've seen elsewhere, namely to
make a point of clarifying that Bazaar does not require you to use
Launchpad, etc. There is still a very mixed message being presented
over whether Launchpad is a "feature" of Bazaar or not.

As someone who only intends to use any DVCS for personal projects in
the immediate future, seeing a discussion of a "cleaner UI" (in the
bzr/hg document) right next to a list of integration features I never
expect to use, is a little ironic...

Paul.