[MERGE][bug #6700] diff on branches without working trees

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 20 07:47:05 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 13:12 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:

> * "bzr diff tree1 tree2" compares two working trees.

Just a small note - Poolie was very pro this syntax back in Montreal,
but personally I have never ever used it - I always use -r
ancestor:tree1, because diffing the tip is simply unuseful.

I agree that argument handling is important to getting things right. My
particular bugbears here are partial merges - 'bzr merge
source_branch/file1' when I want to be able to also list additional
files in that tree to merge at the same time -- how do I do that?

-Rob