switch (was Re: If bzrtools commands aren't experimental, merge them into bzr)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Nov 15 05:50:10 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 03:28:25PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Ian Clatworthy, and lo! it spake thus:

> Are there any objections to moving switch into the core? Any deep
> thoughts on it's current design/limitations?

Not qualified to make any code or architecture judgements, but from a
UI perspective I'm in favor.  With the proviso that it work with
heavyweight checkouts too.

In general, I think there are way too many behavioral differences
between the two already.  Ideally (IMAO), there should be none, short
of specifically invoking different capabilities via commit --local or
unbind or the like.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net