[REPOST][BUG] Issue

QbProg tholag at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:41:28 GMT 2007

Sorry for the repost, but it has become a killer issue, witch is costantly
reproduced every time I try to do the described operations.
I'm not able to use bazaar , so I'm asking again for a guideline :) Thank
you for your patience.

Hello there!
I'm moving a project at work to Bazaar, since I'm trying to set up a
build server. I've run for two or three time into a sort of "corruption"
issue,
so maybe you can help me.

I have a relatively big project, with 1000x of source files and many
binary support files. I'm gradually importing the source files into the
repository, so
I can "familiarize" with Bazaar (I'm the only developer).

I'm using Windows XP, with bazaar 0.92rc1 , but I got the same issue
with 0.91.

Here are the steps:
1 - I created a repository in a network Samba share , and I mapped it to
a network drive. The network share is mapped to a network hard drive
with samba interface.

Z:\> bzr init-repo --no-trees .\

2 - I created a branch Devel
Z:\> bzr init Devel

3- I checked out (lightweight) the branch to my local development
folder, called C:\Devel\
C:\> bzr checkout Z:\Devel C:\Devel --lightweight

after that I successully did 15 commits while adding some parts of my
source trees. These commits where small and imported
only text files.
Then I decided to do the "big step", so I tryed to import the remaining
tree. I did that in two different revisions,
16 and 17, for a total of 1500+ files , text and binary.
The commits successfully worked. Note that I never has connection
problems, or  fault reports.

Now , here comes the problem.
C:\Devel> bzr status -V
removed:
a.cpp
b.cpp
.
.
.
.

In fact, all the files of my previous two commits appeared as "removed".
(the file in my checkout were of course present)
I did
C:\Devel\> Bzr check

it reported that 1302 files had "Null parent , but should have ()"

I tryed to do
Bzr reconcile Z:\

but  it didn't solve the problem.

I did
bzr uncommit
bzr uncommit

two times, back to revision 15. Now in my checkout I have many "added"
files (bzr status -V)
if I try to do
bzr commit
again, I get the same problem , many removed files.
Strange is that when I do
bzr commit -m""
at this point, I get a "nothing to do" message.

I know that the report is not really complete, but I ask you some
pointings to help debugging this issue. ( I don't know if it is a bug or
not,
but it sounds strange).
I'm sorry but I can't post my repository here since contains proprietary
source code, but I can help you by sending output info,
outputs, etc...

I do really like bazaar. Thanks to the advanced merge functionality I
preferred it to subversion! :)
I'm relatively new to version control, so please be patient if I have
written/done something totally wrong!

Good bye
QbProg