Sharing repository through a read-only web server

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Mon Nov 12 16:04:42 GMT 2007

* Aaron Bentley [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:37:00 -0500]:

> Ben Gerdemann wrote:

> > The problem is that when I try to checkout
> > the repository through the http server, bzr is looking for files that don't
> > exist.

> > bzr: ERROR: Transport error: Server refuses to fullfil the request for:
> > http://myserver/bzr-repo/home/.bzr/repository/format

> A repository with no format file is severely malformed.  I would
> encourage you to check and double-check that repository/format is really
> not there, because I would expect Bazaar to always give an error about
> such a repository, whether locally or remotely.

Note that "home" is not the shared repository, but the branch. My guess
would be that http://myserver/bzr-repo/home/.bzr/repository/format is
returning "Forbidden" (403) instead of "Does not exist" (404).

So Bazaar can't detect that the branch is in a shared-repo.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
                -- Henry Kissinger