Equivalent to svn tags?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 25 12:07:17 BST 2007

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> \begin{crankiness}
>
> Every time I read this methodology, it seems like it's waving a bright
> neon sign at me saying "Hi there!  I'm a weak hack for systems that
> don't allow trivially pulling a repo/set of branches at once!  What's
> your name?"

I think this needs more discussion. Here's a good start IMO:
http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/blog/archives/192-Bazaar-Need-for-a-Product-object.html.

Thinking out loud, I know the mantra

  "repositories are a storage optimisation only"

is deeply ingrained in our thinking. But I wonder whether having the
option of tagging them as 'product repositories' would help, given:

* I think Jelmer's probably right

* I'm not so keen to introduce a (directory) layer between a shared
  repository and the branches within it.

Ian C.