Equivalent to svn tags?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Oct 25 10:55:46 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:10:26PM -0500 I heard the voice of
John Arbash Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:

> cd trunk
> bzr merge ../branch-0.3.0
> # Revert any 0.3.0 specific changes, like the version properties
> bzr commit -m "Merging branch-0.3.0 into trunk"
>
> This will also pull in the 'release-0.3.0' tag into the 'trunk' branch.
>
> This means that when you do:
> cd trunk
> bzr log
>
> You can see "tags: release-0.3.0" on the official revision that you
> released.  And it means that doing
>
> bzr branch http://matthews/project/trunk -r tag:release-0.3.0 release-0.3.0
>
> will always give me the official release of your project.

\begin{crankiness}

Every time I read this methodology, it seems like it's waving a bright
neon sign at me saying "Hi there!  I'm a weak hack for systems that
don't allow trivially pulling a repo/set of branches at once!  What's
your name?"

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net