[MERGE] Packs. Kthxbye.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Oct 17 10:50:18 BST 2007

I think the moment has come to get the pack repository format reviewed.

Caveats:
  - committing merges is extremely slow. I plan to fix this tomorrow.
  - The format string and short hand still claim its experimental. I'll
fix this when the review is done, so that any bugs found are not liable
to leak into user data.
  - There's a bunch of fallout from the latest merge of bzr.dev that I
haven't factored out into separate patchs. To avoid infinite regression
I don't intend to do so.
  - Pack branches can inherit bad indices, but they don't do anything
for reconcile, this should be fixed before large scale adoption (e.g.
making it the default format).

Cheers, enjoy.

-Rob