[RFC] [MERGE] Draft 2 of revised mini-tutorial

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:16:05 BST 2007

On 10/10/07, Matthew Revell <matthew.revell at canonical.com> wrote:

> +Replacing ``john.doe`` with your own Launchpad username, type::
> +
> + $ bzr push bzr+ssh://john.doe@bazaar.launchpad.net/~john.doe/+junk/myproject
> +
> +``+junk`` means that this branch isn't associated with any particular
> +project in Launchpad.
> +

Wait though, if I'm using this Launchpad thing to host my source code,
seems like that source code would be associated with some project of
mine. The reader has likely dealt with sourceforge before, and sf has
"projects". Is Launchpad simply providing users with public home
directories for source code that others can access, or does it also
have projects like  sf? Or both?

Is the "+" in "+junk" parsed as a space, like how a browser would see
it? Is that plus sign required?

Is the name of the branch, "myproject"?

Can I use anything besides "junk"? Can it be "+anything"?

---John