Cannot merge bundles created without referencing another branch.

Harald Meland harald.meland at usit.uio.no
Mon Oct 8 13:35:14 BST 2007

(Please keep the list Cc'ed, so that others might correct me if I'm
making any mistakes.)

[Anton Dedov]

> Thanks Herald, looks good.
>
> I didn't get a role of
> http://tutor.host/path/to/base/branch/of/assignment branch. Is it
> for storing information about very parent branch and keeping tutor's
> email?

If you give students a "starting point" for their assignment
(e.g. Makefile with some basic rules, code for libraries that they
should use, etc.), this starting point could be made available to them
as a bzr branch -- and it is this role that I've intended the above
URL to have.

If you aren't giving your students any such starting point, they can
create a base branch locally with:

  cd ~/studies
  bzr init assignment.base

and then branch from that (empty branch) when creating their initial
"work" branch.
--
Harald