Cannot merge bundles created without referencing another branch.

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Oct 8 07:30:56 BST 2007

Martin Pool пишет:
> On 10/8/07, Anton Dedov <adedov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a following problem with merging of bundles. I initialized bzr sample
>> repository and then created two revisions there. After that I have branched
>> this repo and create a new revision in a new branch.
>>
>>  I create a bundle of a last revision of a second branch without accessing
>> an initial one:
>> br2$ bzr send -r2..3 -o r3.bundle
>>
>> But this bundle cannot be applied to a first branch, though it contains all
>> necessary revisions:
>> br1$ bzr merge ../br2/r3.bundle
>> bzr: ERROR: Revision
>> {adedov at localhost-20071007162028-i0qvibjuszg06ksh} not
>> present in "inventory".
>>
>> Whether it possible to address this issue?
>
> I think that should work.  Can you please use log --show-ids to check
> that adedov at localhost-20071007162028-i0qvibjuszg06ksh is the last
> revision on br1?

No, Martin, it will not work for reason Aaron know.
Old bundle format does not have such problem.
So, Anton you could use `bzr bundle --format=0.9`
to produce full bundle with all revision info
inside and then teach your students to attach
bundle file manually.
I'm also suggest my gzipped_bundle plugin
that especially useful for old bundle style.