Bzr-Svn push failure on non existant SVN branch

dean at redblufftech.com dean at redblufftech.com
Wed Oct 3 05:09:36 BST 2007

I was using BZR-svn to push a branch to my svn, and it failed with the
error  message at the bottom of this mail. The branch does not exist on
the SVN repos. I also tried adding the non existent branch to the SVN
branch table (as I use a non standard setup), but also got the same error.

I was using the latest development snap (as of a couple of days ago).

The scenario was that the branch does not currently exist on the SVN
repos. I was just pushing it up there so that my colleagues who are glued
to their TSVN could also work on the code. The data appeared to transfer
and then this error message came up. The SVN repos was not changed.

My Bzr level is 0.90, python is 2.5.1.

The main reason I am posting this is because the error asked me to :-). If
someone wants to take a look and needs more info please feel free to mail
me direct - I will keep an eye on the list just in case it gets picked up.

I am moderately handy with python, so if someone wants me to do something
to help with the analysis, I am more than happy to do that. Unfortunately
I just do not have the time (at present) to fully investigate the bug
myself - assuming it is a bug.

Cheers
Dean.

PS: The xxxxx are for sanitation of the message, not the real values (just
in case you were wondering about my strange naming convention).

dean at feisty:~/work/bzr_rx/r6v6.xxxxxx/xxxxxx$ bzr svn-push
https://dean@svn.xxxxx.com/xxxxxx/xxxxxx_src/developer_branches/rx6v6_nat
HTTP dean at svn.xxxxx.com Realm: 'xxxxxx xxxxxx Repository' password:
bzr: ERROR: libsvn._core.SubversionException: ('At least one property
change failed; repository is unchanged', 175008)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 817, in
run_bzr_catch_errors
    return run_bzr(argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 779, in
run_bzr
    ret = run(*run_argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 477, in
run_argv_aliases
    return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/__init__.py", line 298, in run
    target_branch = bzrdir.import_branch(source_branch, revision_id)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/remote.py", line 146, in import_branch
    push_new(repos, target_branch_path, source, stop_revision)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/commit.py", line 639, in push_new
    validate=validate)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/commit.py", line 674, in push
    builder.commit(rev.message)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/commit.py", line 465, in commit
    self.editor.close_directory(baton, self.pool)
  File "/home/dean/.bazaar/plugins/svn/errors.py", line 77, in convert
    raise convert_error(e)
SubversionException: ('At least one property change failed; repository is
unchanged', 175008)

bzr 0.90.0 on python 2.5.1.final.0 (linux2)
arguments: ['/usr/bin/bzr', 'svn-push',
'https://dean@svn.xxxxxx.com/xxxxxx/xxxxxx_src/developer_branches/rx6v6_nat']

** please send this report to bazaar at lists.ubuntu.com