Bzr-Svn push failure on non existant SVN branch

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Oct 5 14:21:24 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 03.10.2007, 12:09 +0800 schrieb dean at redblufftech.com:
> I was using BZR-svn to push a branch to my svn, and it failed with the
> error  message at the bottom of this mail. The branch does not exist on
> the SVN repos. I also tried adding the non existent branch to the SVN
> branch table (as I use a non standard setup), but also got the same error.
>
> I was using the latest development snap (as of a couple of days ago).
>
> The scenario was that the branch does not currently exist on the SVN
> repos. I was just pushing it up there so that my colleagues who are glued
> to their TSVN could also work on the code. The data appeared to transfer
> and then this error message came up. The SVN repos was not changed.
>
> My Bzr level is 0.90, python is 2.5.1.
>
> The main reason I am posting this is because the error asked me to :-). If
> someone wants to take a look and needs more info please feel free to mail
> me direct - I will keep an eye on the list just in case it gets picked up.
>
> I am moderately handy with python, so if someone wants me to do something
> to help with the analysis, I am more than happy to do that. Unfortunately
> I just do not have the time (at present) to fully investigate the bug
> myself - assuming it is a bug.
Yes, this is bug 125751. See
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr-svn/+bug/125751 for more information
(the first bit of it).

Can you try the push again with the latest revision of bzr-svn (from the
0.4 branch) and also specify -Dcommit -Dtransport to bzr when pushing?
That will write some debugging information to ~/.bzr.log.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org