[MERGE] bzr+https is not a supported protocol

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Oct 3 03:57:24 BST 2007

On  3 Oct 2007, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 00:26 -0400, Martin Pool wrote:
> >
> > I would think for a test it would be enough to construct one of these
> > and then check that it is capable of rpcs and that the underlying
> > medium
> > is  https.  Any comments?
>
> Do we have a test https server? If not, lets just take the patch.

I don't think we need a test server to test the guts of his patch.  I
added
    def test_bzr_https(self):
        # https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/128456
        t = get_transport('bzr+https://example.com/path')
        self.assertIsInstance(t, remote.RemoteHTTPTransport)
        self.assertStartsWith(
            t._http_transport.base,
            'https://')

If we find https-specific bugs later we can work out how to test them.

I'll send that for merge.

--
Martin