cannot checkout https repositories

Tim Penhey tim at penhey.net
Sun Sep 30 22:39:07 BST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 03:10:51 Sébastien Barthélemy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I run
> bzr checkout https://code.launchpad.net/~garyvdm/bzr-gtk/vizchanges

Why do you want a checkout when you don't have write access to this
branch?

From the page:
	"Only Gary van der Merwe  can upload to this branch. "

> I have the error detailed at the end of this email. I have this problem
> with the bzr version packaged with ubuntu gutsy and with the
> bzr-0.91.tar.gz I downloaded from http://bazaar-vcs.org
>
> See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/141105 for more details.
>
> Is there a fix planned for this ? Is there a temporary workaround ?

The actual code isn't at the location that the browser points to.
It gets a redirect to:
  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~garyvdm/bzr-gtk/vizchanges

Since this is a read only transport, it may be the reason why the
checkout fails.

The "work around" is to create your own branch.

Tim