RFC serious defect with changing-kind support

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 3 00:29:06 BST 2007

in find_previous_heads, I just noticed that there is an if check - if
the kind has changed we don't record the prior kinds last-changed as a
parent.

This will throw 'bzr log FOO' off.

I think during the conversion to packs we should look at regenerating
all this metadata with this bug fixed, as we're going to be recreating
the inventories anyway to go to split inventories.

Possibly we should fix this for knits via a check+ reconcile change as
well.

-Rob