[MERGE] Send actually *sends* the merge directive

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at tiscalinet.it
Mon Aug 20 23:21:05 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
[...]
> On Mac OS X, it would be nice to be able to use Thunderbird, but none of
> the commands are in my path. I would be okay with explicitly setting the
> path to the "thunderbird", but I didn't see any way to do that.
> I did find that if I manually run:

I think that is not a bazaar job to call an email client. There are too many
variabiles which are impossible to handle well in python.

I think that we have to add the option to call a script.
For example if the client name in the option contains a slash, then bazaar
treats it as a script, and call it.

For example I made a script (which use dcop) which waits until a kmail windows
composer get the focus, then attaches the file. So I am able to attach
automatically a file to a "reply to" email (which are the 70% of the case
where I woul use the send command).

I have an idea how I can code that. But I wait until the actual code is added,
then I can prototypize my ideas.

> /Applications/Mozilla/Thunderbird.app/Contents/MacOS/thunderbird-bin
> -compose to=john at arbash-meinel.com,from=me at testing.com,subject='Who the
> hell are

you?',attachment='file:///Users/jameinel/dev/bzr/patches/send-attached3.patch'

http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C46C1E17B.70700%40utoronto.ca%3E

--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack at inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9