[MERGE][Take Five] Show the diff in the commit messages

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Aug 16 05:10:27 BST 2007

Martin Pool has voted tweak.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
When merging this we might need to check the news entrys are
adjusted to post-0.90.

                  raise errors.BzrCommandError(
-                    "please specify either --message or --file")
+                    "please specify either --message or --file or
--show-diff")

(comment) I think if people put --show-diff in an alias,
they'll want to be able to give -m or -F and have --show-diff just have
no effect.

          has_changes = 1
-        print >>to_file, "=== removed %s '%s'" % (kind,
path.encode('utf8'))
+        print >>to_file, "=== removed %s '%s'" % (kind,
+
path.encode(path_encoding,
+                                                            "replace"))

(comment) I think it's nicer if, when something is already far over to
the
right, you just indent the continuation of the statement by 8
columns (which is vim's default, at least for me.)  But I realize
there is already some inconsistency here.

+    # TODO: Should probably be given the WorkingTree not the branch
+    #

(tweak) This now seems to have been done.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C200708131934.11039.kreijack%40tiscalinet.it%3E