[RFC] Sharing of survey results and impact on questions asked

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 13 09:21:23 BST 2007

Paul Moore wrote:
> On 10/08/07, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
>> Here's the web page sharing the (recent) results.
>>
>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=FDeDsLzaZ0AKNEATuA0QklWayMZKGfHcrP1U4V55jAY%3d

Final draft of survey no up. Main changes:

1. Better intro text thanks to Martin/Robert.
2. Sharing results Q greatly simplified
3. Version being used now multi-select
4. Lighter colours as requested by Alexander
5. Internally, things to work on are now weighted in results.

> A couple of points:
>
> 1. With regard to "3. Your email address will never be published. May
> we publish your other responses?", it's very easy to see email
> addresses. Two ways: click on the "view" button in the email address
> question (!) or click on "View" for the any other feedback question,
> then on the "find" button.

Yes. That's fixed now in the final draft. As discussed with Martin on
IRC, I think we still need to ask for an email address so we have some
way of getting back to people. That implies that summary results only
are published by default.

The question re 'can we publish' is now just yes/no to reflect the
filtering SurveyMonkey lets me do (easily).

> 2. The "what things do you want to see" summary is not particularly
> readable. I can't determine what is the most popular enhancement (I
> know it's non-trivial to interpret this sort of result, but a naive
> rating of some sort would help a lot).

Yes, it was quite ugly I agree. The question still looks the same
externally but internally, each is now a weighted rating. This will
hopefully fix this. Some new data will help confirm that. Hint Hint. :-)

The default weights are the numbers 1..5. Should we use different
weightings?

Ian C.