[MERGE] Send actually *sends* the merge directive

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Aug 10 16:00:44 BST 2007

Aaron Bentley пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Aaron Bentley ?8H5B:
>>> Here is a new patch that provides both Evolution and Thunderbird support.
>> bb:resubmit
>
>> Your patch does not work for me. Sorry.
>
> Thanks for the report.  This one should work for you.

bb:resubmit

Now I got different exception.
Before traceback is splashed my editor was opened and prompted me
to describe a bundle.

E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron>python bzr --no-plugins send --mail-to bialix at ukr.net
Using saved location: file:///E:/Bazaar/mydev/bzr.dev/
bzr: ERROR: socket.error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\commands.py", line 817, in run_bzr_catch_errors
    return run_bzr(argv)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\commands.py", line 779, in run_bzr
    ret = run(*run_argv)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\commands.py", line 477, in run_argv_aliases
    return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\builtins.py", line 3856, in run
    kwargs.get('from', '.'), mail_to, message)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\builtins.py", line 3953, in _run
    outfile.getvalue())
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\mail_client.py", line 44, in compose_merge_request
    'x-patch', '.patch')
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\mail_client.py", line 68, in compose
    attachment_mime_subtype=mime_subtype)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\email_message.py", line 162, in send
    SMTPConnection(config).send_email(msg)
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\smtp_connection.py", line 114, in send_email
    self._connect()
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\smtp_connection.py", line 52, in _connect
    self._create_connection()
  File "E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron\bzrlib\smtp_connection.py", line 58, in _create_connection
    self._connection.connect(self._smtp_server)
  File "E:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 310, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

bzr 0.19.0dev0 on python 2.4.4.final.0 (win32)
arguments: ['bzr', '--no-plugins', 'send', '--mail-to', 'bialix at ukr.net']

** please send this report to bazaar at lists.ubuntu.com

As I understand it's because I don't configure smtp_server in bazaar.conf.
But anyway, I don't think that in this case windows users (who usually
don't have smtp server in their localhost) should see such traceback.

BTW, is it possible to specify mail server that should work via SSL connection?
My email provider (ukr.net) allows me to use smtp via SSL only.

And when I specify in bazaar.conf mail_client=thunderbird,
bzr is unable to find installed thunderbird on my windows machine.

E:\Bazaar\mydev\aaron>python bzr --no-plugins send --mail-to bialix at ukr.net
Using saved location: file:///E:/Bazaar/mydev/bzr.dev/
bzr: ERROR: Unable to find mail client with the following names: thunderbird, mozilla-thunderbird,
icedove

I think you're looking in $PATH, but I don't think that adding thunderbird to $PATH
is good idea, usually win32 people never run it from command line.
I think there is should be a way to look into windows registry to search
thunderbird executable. There are some keys in registry that holds
full path to thunderbird.exe. I'll try to investigate this and
prepare a patch.
Does full path to thunderbird.exe is enough for send command?

I guess simple way to obtain full path is to looking in key
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\thunderbird.exe

[µ]

PS. Side note: as I see my bzr-config utility lacks many new configuration
options. I'll try to update it before my vacation.