[RFC] doc directory reorganisation & I18N

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 7 12:56:52 BST 2007

Martin Pool wrote:
> That sounds good.  So the non-translated developer/ directory would be
> the spec-type documents, and the developer-guide would be the 'how to
> modify bazaar' stuff?

Yes. HACKING(.txt) can stay where it is though the generated HTML needs
to go into en/developer-guide.

> I'm not sure what specifically is proposed for NEWS and release notes.
>  My idea would be that we do a one-of transformation of NEWS into ReST
> format- turning the headings into ReST syntax, deindenting and so on.

That's what I had in mind.

> Then it can stay in that place but be turned into html in
> doc/en/release-notes.

Yes. I wasn't looking to move NEWS - just put the html rendered version
in doc/en/release-notes.

> Or are you talking about something larger?  Splitting it into separate
> documents per release, or moving it from ./NEWS?

No, keep NEWS as is - same location and one top level section per release.

Down the track, we can always make the conversion process smarter (e.g.
automagically split large documents into multiple HTML files) but right
now, my priority is getting the structure stable and content correct.

Ian C.