[RFC] doc directory reorganisation & I18N

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Aug 7 09:57:24 BST 2007

That sounds good.  So the non-translated developer/ directory would be
the spec-type documents, and the developer-guide would be the 'how to
modify bazaar' stuff?

I'm not sure what specifically is proposed for NEWS and release notes.
 My idea would be that we do a one-of transformation of NEWS into ReST
format- turning the headings into ReST syntax, deindenting and so on.
Then it can stay in that place but be turned into html in
doc/en/release-notes.  (Hm, this is one document that seems unlikely
to always be translated in time, but maybe it will be.)

Later on we could teach rst2html to make hyperlinks for bugs.

Or are you talking about something larger?  Splitting it into separate
documents per release, or moving it from ./NEWS?

--
Martin