Weekly(ish) 0.19 release update - ongoing development

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Aug 6 22:42:43 BST 2007

On (01/08/07 10:59), Martin Pool wrote:
> I think we should take the feature freeze date as next Monday/Tuesday.
> That gives a chance to people who thought they still had two weeks, but
> means we don't slip two weeks - basically splitting the difference.
>
> I don't want to be autocratic, but it takes 24h for everyone to respond to
> a list thread by which time we'd be almost at the earliest rc date.  Let's
> just take it as settled:
>
>   6 Aug   feature freeze, bugfixes only into trunk
>  13 Aug   rc1
>  20 Aug   release
>
> The general idea is that we release on the US/Pacific Monday (when more
> people are around), which is Tuesday in Australasia.

Hi,

Apologies that I neglected this discussion, but I have been busy.

Monday isn't the best day for me, so I'm not calling the freeze now. I
will do it tomorrow evening (UTC) after looking over the queue etc. if that is
OK with everyone.

This means that there are about 24 hours left of open trunk. If the core
devs could review anything outstanding in that time I would appreciate
it. Anyone who has any features for this release should post a merge as
soon as possible.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256