Newbie question - how to publish my repository

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:56:58 BST 2007

I'm just starting to look at Bazaar, and I'm struggling with the
documentation. I suspect I'm looking in the wrong place, so I'd be
more than happy to get pointers!

I can put my code under version control. No problem there. Now, I have
a repository on my work PC which I can clone, work on, etc. Fine. But
I'd like to put this repository on a server somewhere, so that I can
get at it from my home PC (which cannot connect to my work PC). Ignore
having a filesystem branch on a USB stick, or equivalent - that works,
but it's too easy to forget the USB stick...

What are my options here? This is personal files, so it's a bit of an
abuse to use a public site like Launchpad. I have space at my ISP, and
I can get hold of a hosted service if needed, but what do I need? What
protocols/facilities must I have access to? (I don't really have the
resources to set up a bzr server with SSH, I'd like something simpler
than that).

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I've found a lot of discussion on
working with existing repositories, and some on using "bzr serve" to
quickly publish a local repo for people to pull from, but not much on
the intermediate level.

Thanks for any pointers,
Paul.