0.19 release schedule

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Fri Jul 20 17:39:47 BST 2007

On (20/07/07 10:51), Robert Collins wrote:
> Our normal schedule is 4 weekly releases, with 5 weeks per release.
> Given that 0.18 went RC on the 10ths, that makes 3 weeks of open trunk
> with a freeze on the 31st, then an RC on the 7th and release on the
> 14th.
>
> You are the RM, but I've found the 3 weeks open, one week frozen to work
> quite well.

Ok, lets have a consensus on this then. Do people think they can land
all they want in the next 11 days, or would you prefer an extra 2 weeks?

> > One thing I would like to do is to bump the default format, at least to
> > dirstate-tags, but perhaps all the way to dirstate-with-subtree. I would
> > prefer the latter to do it in one go. Does anyone have any preference. I
> > believe that Martin said he had a branch with a changed default, and
> > there were some failing tests. I would like to get the change in this
> > week, one to get some testing of it from us, and two so that people know
> > what they will be aiming for with their new code.
>
> That should have been done a week and a bit ago by my count. IMO
> destabilising things should either go in on the first couple of days
> after the RC, or not at all.

As you said there should have been an RM for 0.19 when it opened so this
could have been co-ordinated.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256