error during bzr add

Alaa Salman alaasalman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:43:16 BST 2007

Hmmm....

I can't reproduce it anymore it seems. Weird. I rebooted into Windows to try
it again, and it doesn't manifest this problem anymore.(crappy windows, i
hate it when reboots solve seemingly unknown problems) However, i will paste
the error from bzr.log file in any case. Oh, and it is happening in the add
phase not in the commit phase.

bzr arguments: [u'add', u'*']
looking for plugins in C:/Documents and Settings/alaa/Application
Data/bazaar/2.0/plugins
looking for plugins in C:\Program
Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib\plugins
Looking for plugins in 'C:\\Program
Files\\Bazaar\\lib\\library.zip\\bzrlib\\plugins'
Names in archive: ['__init__.pyc', 'launchpad/__init__.pyc',
'launchpad/lp_indirect.pyc', 'launchpad/lp_registration.pyc',
'launchpad/test_lp_indirect.pyc', 'launchpad/test_register.pyc']
Load plugin launchpad from zip 'C:\\Program
Files\\Bazaar\\lib\\library.zip\\bzrlib\\plugins'
encoding stdout as sys.stdout encoding 'cp437'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 729, in run_bzr_catch_errors
  File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 691, in run_bzr
  File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 389, in run_argv_aliases
  File "bzrlib\builtins.pyc", line 372, in run
  File "bzrlib\workingtree.pyc", line 337, in open_containing
  File "bzrlib\bzrdir.pyc", line 590, in open_containing
  File "bzrlib\lazy_import.pyc", line 116, in __call__
  File "bzrlib\transport\__init__.pyc", line 1127, in get_transport
  File "bzrlib\transport\__init__.pyc", line 1117, in convert_path_to_url
  File "bzrlib\urlutils.pyc", line 273, in _win32_local_path_to_url
  File "bzrlib\osutils.pyc", line 269, in _win32_abspath
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xbb in position 24:
ordinal not in range(128)

return code 3

Regards,
Alaa Salman