[MERGE] FileCollection

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 19 07:42:23 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 12:35 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Aaron Bentley has voted -0.
> Status is now: Waiting
> Comment:
> It looks like you're accidentally removed the fake NFS transport.

Fixed.

> Also, it would be idiomatic to use self._names.discard(''), rather than
> "if '' in self._names: self._names.remove('')

Also fixed.

> And I'm surprised to see you say it makes sense to remove support for
> unlistable transports, e.g. http.

In the long term, if we want lock-free repositories, we will have to do
something like that because of the race conditions existing in managing
a list like this patch implements.

The reason for this class is to **avoid** removing support support for
unlistable transports as a precondition of pack based repositories.

-Rob