Recommended way of upgrading plugins?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 17 02:35:14 BST 2007

I've been installing quite a few plugins in the last week, learning what
they do and testing them under 0.18 as part of some general QA. Most
worked fine though some of them needed some tweaking of their options to
meet the 0.19 option grammar mods. The plugin authors I've contacted
have turned these around real quick so I want to upgrade them all again
and was wondering how that's best done.

My first attempt was to go to me ~/.bazaar/plugins directory and type

  bzr multi-pull

multi-pull is part of the BzrTools plugin. It didn't quite do what I
hoped(*) and I was wondering whether there's a better way. How do bzr
gurus keep all their plugins up to date?

(*) multi-pull in my case doesn't work because I have symbolic links to
two plugins that I've downloaded elsewhere on my filesystem. Rather than
follow those, it falls over. Is that desired behaviour? If not, I'm
happy to raise a bug and fix it. I've also noticed that a failure of any
one pull aborts the multi-pull rather than trying the others. Again is
that desired behaviour?

Ian C.