(fwd) new Launchpad bug status names

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Jun 21 00:57:58 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Revell <matthew.revell at canonical.com>
Date: Jun 21, 2007 2:34 AM
Subject: Important: new Launchpad bug status names
To: martin.pool at canonical.com

Hi Martin,

Within the next 24 hours, we plan to release a new version of Launchpad.

Most important for you are some changes to the bug status names. These
are cosmetic and so won't affect the way you use Launchpad.

Here are the new bug status names and their old equivalents:

  * New (was Unconfirmed)
  * Incomplete (was Needs Info)
  * Invalid (was Rejected).

We've also added two entirely new bug statuses:

  * Triaged
  * Won't Fix.

These are slightly different to all other Launchpad bug statuses: only
members of your Bug Contact team, or your project owners, are able to
use them.

We've added these two new bug statuses to help larger projects to
effectively triage their bugs. Assuming that a project's most
experienced bug triagers are members of its Bug Contact team, developers
can know that a bug marked "Triaged" is definitely ready for them to
work on.

The Launchpad Help wiki has a reference page, which lists all of the bug
statuses:

https://help.launchpad.net/BugStatuses

As soon as we release 1.1.6, you'll be able to find full details on the
new Launchpad News blog:

http://news.launchpad.net/

If you have any questions, please reply to this mail, join us on the
launchpad-users list or find me in #launchpad on Freenode.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Revell - talk to me about Launchpad
Join us in #launchpad on irc.freenode.net

--
Martin