[MERGE] An SMTPConnection class for bzrlib

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jun 19 21:29:14 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted +1.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
I won't argue about cleaner or not, but at this point, it has lost the
main advantage of the original SMTPConnection for me. Which is that I
had a single:

send...(from, to, body, attachement) function, which I sorely miss from
python's smptlib.

So I'm willing to accept something like this, but I would want at least
a wrapper that does all the setup. The *hard* part is putting together
the Email object with properly encoded headers and body. The *easy* part
is connecting and authenticating to a server.

I'm fine with having these split out into multiple helper classes that
manage the separation of concern. (One for connecting, and one for
building an email). But I really do want/need the latter one.

So overall, +1 from me, as a stepping stone to a complete solution.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C20070619161158.GA14616%40chistera.yi.org%3E