svn2bzr

Sebastian Kuzminsky seb at highlab.com
Tue Jun 19 16:26:27 BST 2007

Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be any svn2bzr here:
>
> http://bzr.labix.org/svn2bzr/trunk/
>
> And I can't find it anywhere else. Is it out of favour? Should I be
> using something else? I'd like to do a one-shot migrate of my SVN
> repos to BZR.

I used the bzr-svn plugin to do this.  It worked sort of.  My SVN repo
is pretty big (10K revs, 25K files in trunk), and doing a simple 'bzr
branch svn+ssh://....' ran out of memory.

I had to do it in chunks like this:

    bzr init-repo repo
    bzr branch -r 1000 svn+ssh://server.com/var/svn/repo/trunk repo/original-from-svn
    chdir repo/original-from-svn
    for REV in $(seq 2000 1000 11000); do
        bzr pull -r $REV svn+ssh://server.com/var/svn/repo/trunk
    done

I'd love to switch from svn to bzr, but it needs too much memory and
CPU time to deal with my repository...  :-(

I'll probably end up using git instead.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky                                    to rock a rhyme
                                  to rock a rhyme that's right on time