0.14 SmartServer with a 0.16 client?

casret casret at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 20:17:58 BST 2007

I recently upgraded to 0.16, and I can no longer commit to the trees that I
was hitting using (bzr+ssh://), on which is bzr 0.14.  It will just connect
and hang.  Nothing interesting in either .bzr.log.  Strace has them both
reading the socket.  sftp:// is fine.  I noticed some SmartServer work in
the NEWS, is this expected?  If so it should probably be noted.

Tangentially, I think there is a need for release notes.  It's all in the
NEWS file, but I think the arrangement needs to be tweaked.  I think that
all the changes from the release candidates should be coelesced, since most
end users don't see the release candidates.  I also think breaking up first
by sections (UPGRADING, IMPROVEMENTS, INTERNALS, BUGFIXES) and then in each
of the sections breaking down by release info would be helpful.  So someone
upgrading from e.g.: 0.11 to 0.16 knows exactly how to do it or what to
expect.  It would also be great to have that or maybe just the top part of
the NEWS file linked to the release announcement in the wiki, so I wouldn't
have to pull down the tarball (which I wouldn't use for upgrading anyway)
just to see the changes.