Is bazaar suitable for my purpose?

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Tue Jun 12 16:01:02 BST 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:20:02 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> I doubt a version control system would bring any added value compared
> to a backup tool.

Thanks for your insight. I'll investigate some incremental backup tools
instead, however my reason for choosing a VCS was that I think it could
fit in to our current regime. We have one server dedicated to pulling the
backups off the other servers, at the moment via rsync and mysqldump
controlled by some in-house Python. I'm pretty sure a backup suite out
there fits this model but it's the time I would need to spent researching
options. Unfortunately I'm quite swamped and I don't have a lot of time to
spend being essentially unproductive.

(Yes I know that's short-sighted, it's not only me that has to realise
that though!)

Thansk alot

-Rob