pyrex .c versioning...

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jun 6 02:26:28 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 07:53 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Well both are problematic, but churn is probably more of an issue to
> me.
>
> I've always been of the mind that you shouldn't version auto-generated
> things.

I tend to flip flop based on audience.

Basically I think versioning auto generated things is ok when you expect
users [as opposed to devs] to ever run from source. In the squid project
we have no generated files versioned in our 'dev' branches, and in trunk
and the per-release branches - the branch users grab - we have configure
etc - the generated files.

Rob