[RFC] how to correctly translate "checkout"?

Sergei Organov s.organov at javad.com
Fri May 11 13:37:19 BST 2007

Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> writes:
> Matthieu Moy пишет:

>>> I think a working copy is a pretty good description.
>>
>> I think it is.
>>
>> "light checkouts" in bzr are really the equivalent of svn's checkout.
>> The set of files you're working on, plus the minimal meta-data.
>
> I understand this. And I think
> 'bzr lightweight checkouts' == 'svn checkouts' aka 'working copy'

I wonder how could we then translate the following phrase (taken from "Shared
Repository Tutorial"):

"The checkout will create a working tree."

Provided "checkout" == "working copy", the phrase will become
"The working copy will create a working tree"?

Did you consider to leave "checkout" untranslated? I mean just
transcribe it to Russian "чекаут". An advantage is that it will be then
as meaningless in Russian as it currently is in English ;)

--
Sergei.