Repository/Branch Layout

Dennis Benzinger Dennis.Benzinger at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 15:07:12 BST 2007

Hi!

I'm a Bazaar newbie and I need some help deciding how to layout my
repository (or if I should use a repository at all). I thought about using
the following layout:

/bzr-repositories    <- A Bazaar repository created with bzr init-repo
    /projectX        <- An ordinary directory (no Bazaar involved)
        /trunk       <- A Bazaar branch created with bzr --init
        /branches    <- An ordinary directory (no Bazaar involved)
            /newGUI  <- A Bazaar branch created with bzr branch ../../trunk
    /projectY
        /trunk
        /branches

Does this make sense?

Can I use ordinary directories (e.g. projectX) in a Bazaar repository?

Or would it be better to use a Bazaar branch for the whole projectX
directory?

If I store my Bazaar branches in a repository can somebody else still
branch from projectX/trunk for example? (As far as I understood the
revision history isn't stored in this branch but in the repository)

Is there a repository layout guideline somewhere?

Thanks,
Dennis