Bazaar Developer Guide (Proposed)

John Arbash Meinel john at
Thu Apr 12 16:34:05 BST 2007

Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
> <snip/>
>     Ian> All feedback welcome.
> We need pictures :-)
> At least a model information about the various formats (and at
> least the most recent one).
> Some pictures to illustrate the various work flows will be nice too.
>      Vincent

I've been working with Matthew Nuzum (our web admin) to get a 'graphviz'
plugin installed. So you can do things like:

  digraph G {
    a -> b -> c;

To get pretty graphs. I'm not sure how that would work with rST, though.

I know you can do '.. image:: foo.png' to include an image, and I know
there are methods for extending rST with custom tags.

It would be nice to have something like:

.. graphviz::

  digraph G {
    a -> b -> c;

And have that properly formatted for both HTML and for the Wiki.

Another possibility is to build the images separately and use:

.. image:: foo.png

Though I've used

.. image:: attachment:foo.png

Which actually works well for wiki images (see

However, we still have a mismatch between "attachment:foo.png" on the
wiki and "foo.png" for the disk form.

Anyone have ideas about how to resolve this?

PS> The Makefile could certainly add:

dot_files := $(wildcard $(addsuffix /*.dot, $(doc_dir)))
png_files := $(patsubst, %.png, $(dot_files))
doc/%.png: doc/
  dot -Tpng -o $*.png $*.dot