[MERGE] Some test fixes for Mac

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Apr 2 16:53:24 BST 2007

I sent this a while ago, but it seems it didn't make it.

I've updated the patch to 'import errno' in test_strace.py

Attached is a bundle which has 2 test fixes for Mac.

1) The Mac filesystem re-normalizes unicode filenames. In the past we
tried to be nice and detect this sort of thing. But it meant we could
not allow people to version non-normalized files on other platforms, and
a normalization cost per-path on Mac. I've explored other systems
(cvs,svn,hg,git) and all of them are "broken" by these paths. So I
decided to give in for now.

So the first fix is to just make these a KnownFailure. For
'test_unicode_bundle'.

2) The second fix is to properly handle when 'strace' isn't available.
We were using "e.errno == errno.ENOENT", but we weren't actually
importing 'errno'. (This was causing the test suite to die completely,
rather than just getting a test failure)

I'm slowly going through the test suite to get everything either passing
or (KnownFailure) on Mac. But I'd like to get them merged incrementally
as I fix them, rather than one big patch at the end.

PS> Some of the proxy tests are failing, and I'm not really sure why.
Also 'test_has_on_bogus_host' is *really* slow. Are we running into a
network timeout issue?