bzr checkout doesn't seem to use the shared repository data

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Thu Mar 29 18:25:11 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm writting a nightly-snapshot script for a project hosted on
sourceforge. I have a local copy of the repository, but I prefer
making sure that the snapshot is made from the branches published on
sourceforge. That said, having a local copy, I should be able to get
good performances and avoid too much trafic to sourceforge.

Here's what I did:

$ bzr init-repo repo
$ cd repo/

# just to get the revisions in the repo
$ mkdir tmp
$ cd tmp/
$ bzr branch /local/copy/
$ cd ../

$ bzr checkout http://project.sourceforge.net/location/

The bad surprise is that checkout seems to be re-downloading
everything from sourceforge.

My use-case is not so common, and I probably should re-think my
scripts to actually do a checkout from a local repository, but it
might be nice to teach "checkout" to use the data in its local
repository in priority.

--
Matthieu