'bzr: ERROR: Not a branch' on existing local branch. Can I repair it?

Stevens, Ian IStevens at globeandmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:44:22 BST 2007

> Well, basically all of your format files got nuked. *I* don't know why
> that would have happened.
> But now you need to add ".bzr/checkout/format". You might also want to
> look at ".bzr/repository/format" and make sure it is okay.

Hm, I'm not sure how that would have happened.  It's a small repo, so
there's no reason for me to do a recursive rm that only affected the
format files, and only in my trunk branch and one other branch.
Strange.

At any rate, I copied the checkout and repository format files from a
working branch, but then I had a different problem:

bzr: ERROR: No such file: u'C:/Documents and
Settings/istevens/dev/ticker/trunk/.bzr/repository/knits/c1/closeo.gif-2
0070302161832-p5tcv35kt8xr133c-8.kndx': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: u'C:/Documents and
Settings/istevens/dev/ticker/trunk/.bzr/repository/knits/c1/closeo.gif-2
0070302161832-p5tcv35kt8xr133c-8.kndx'

I copied any missing knits files from a working branch and now
everything is working fine.  Damned if I know how those and the format
files went missing.

Thanks for your help John.

Ian.