[MERGE] Test suite overhaul from the hpss branch

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Mar 28 21:57:34 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted +1 (conditional).
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
I think we could just set the default lock timeout to 0 for all tests,
except for ones that are explicitly testing lock timeouts. We could
possibly set it something small rather than 0.
Alternatively, we could always have the lock timeout be 0, and instead
have the 'bzr' main script set it to 5 minutes.

-        if not self.transport_server == MemoryServer:
+        # NB: one HttpServer is taught to decorate properly,
+        # this hack can be removed.
+        if not self.vfs_transport_factory == MemoryServer:
              self.transport_readonly_server = HttpServer

I think you mean 'once HttpServer is taught...'.
It would be nice to have a bit more explanation. And what is 'NB' ?
(aNdrew Bennetts?)

I'm not really sure about using tree.bzrdir.root_transport() to access
the "remote" working tree. Since we at least defined working trees as
being local only... Is this because you want to support MemoryTree?
At least some explanation would be good.

Otherwise I'm generally happy with these clean ups.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C1175088977.22492.87.camel%40localhost.localdomain%3E