[MERGE] apply_inventory_delta

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Mar 27 10:52:47 BST 2007

On 3/27/07, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> This patch implements MutableTree.apply_inventory_delta, which should
> replace the need for WorkingTree._write_inventory.  It was based on my
> knowledge of TreeTransform's needs and Robert's knowledge of dirstate's
> needs.

That sounds good.

> I say "should" advisedly-- as it turns out, smart_add_tree() has
> different requirements.  If its "save" parameter is False, then the
> working tree inventory is modified, but not written to disk.
>
> This seems like a pretty bad idea to me.  It ties us to the inventory
> representation that we want to move away from.  Can we do something
> about it?

Yes, I think add could do with a good scrub out; I may do it this
week.  What I had in mind basically is that there would be a core that
generates a list of to-be-added files, and then we connect up various
callbacks to that.  At the moment we have this strange 'reporter'
thing which seems like it would almost be enough to set whether things
are actually added or not.

--
Martin