bzr-svn : Unable to load plugin 'svn'

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Mar 26 16:12:55 BST 2007

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Doing a simple "bzr status" command I get this:
>
>     Unable to load plugin 'svn' from '/home/user/.bazaar/plugins'
>
> The ~/.bzr-log is below. The bzr-svn plugin works correctly on
> a Feist machine (Python 2.5) but fails on a Dapper machine
> (Python 2.4).
>
> The Bzr version is idential on both machines; version 0.16.0dev0
> pulled this morning from http://bazaar-ng.org/bzr/bzr.dev/
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

v- This looks like you either don't have the 'python-subversion'
bindings installed. Or the bindings are out of date. Can you do:

python -c 'import svn'

The other possibility is that the python-subversion bindings are
installed in the wrong version (they are in python2.5, but you are
running bzr in python2.4)