equivalent of "git remote"?

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Mon Mar 26 10:19:11 BST 2007

> Well, as I understand it this is pretty similar to
>
>  bzr branch --no-tree http://aoeuaoue/some-branch
>
> then
>
>  bzr pull -d some-branch
>
> In other words it creates a name in your local namespace/filesystem
> that mirrors someone else's branches.  Looked at this way, the main
> shortcoming in bzr is that you can't automatically mirror all the
> branches in a remote repository.  (Actually there is a plugin I
> believe; it is probably a realistic thing to have built and it would
> be nice to do it elegantly and internally.)

That's ok for pull but if you push the same branch to multiple locations
it doesn't help does it (Bazaar can only remember one)? Git has a way to
make easy to remember short aliases for any location which can then be
used wherever a branch location is required. This sounds like a really
useful feature...

Nick