0.15 rc1 feisty packages have wrong dependencies

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Wed Mar 14 14:32:31 GMT 2007

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 08:39 -0400, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>> The only good long-term solution would be to split the repositories on
>> http://bazaar-vcs.org by releases.  I am wary of doing that as it will
>> break the config of current users of this repositories.  But it will
>> have to be done before feisty is released at the latest.
>
> Lets do it now. We're about to have to communicate with all users to say
> '0.15 is released', so this is as good a time as any.

Hi folks,

I was going to prepare the change today in anticipation for the rc2
tomorrow, so that people could be notified in (or along) the rc2 release
announcement.  Martin beat me this morning by publishing rc2 one day
earlier than I expected, so the modifications will be reported to early
next week in prevision for the 0.15 final release.  Thus, Thursday March
20th, I will be shuffling along the repository at
http://bazaar-vcs.org/releases/debs and
http://bazaar-vcs.org/packages/debs.  The final details will be
published then.

My plan is to break the repositories in the following fashion :

releases/debs/dapper/ (dapper package as currently published)

releases/debs/sarge/  (symlink to dapper above)

releases/debs/edgy/   (packages using pycentral built/tested on edgy)

releases/debs/feisty/ (currently empty, will eventually be either a
symlink to edgy above if these packages work well in both release, or
will contain package specifically built and tested on feisty after the
official release)

Same for the packages/ (snapshot) tree.

It's all open to discussion if someone have an objection or a better idea.

Cheers !

--
Etienne Goyer
Senior Ubuntu System Support Analyst