[BUG] baz-import creating different inventory texts (ghosts? and corruption)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Mar 13 02:31:56 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:26:04PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Martin Pool, and lo! it spake thus:

> I really think we should look hard at addressing inventories and
> file texts by hash to avoid this class of problem.

One thing that occured to me the other month about this schema is how
it could make some facets of nuclear waste/codes handling easier.

If I need to take out something a long way back in history, I need to
re-create all the revs since then (without the bad data, 'course).
That means any poor schmuck tracking the tree now has to re-download
*REAMS* of data, even though most of it is identical to what he
already has.  Referencing the file texts by hash would mean that he
wouldn't need to re-download all those texts.  That's a big gain,
considering those re-downloads could be gigabytes.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net